Author Topic: Stream Windows audio (including Spotify!) to Cood-E!  (Read 2663 times)

tuk

• View Profile
Stream Windows audio (including Spotify!) to Cood-E!
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Hi!
While we're all waiting for a proper Spotify (Connect) add-on for Kodi, i can really recommend TuneBlade in case you want to listen to for example Spotify music from your Windows desktop/laptop computer on your TV using the Cood-E player.

Steps on your Cood-E:
  • Enable Zeroconf (go to Settings, Services, ZeroConf, enable the option
  • Enable AirPlay (go to Settings, Services, AirPlay, enable at least the top-most option, the rest is up to you. You don't need iOS 8 compatibilty mode btw.

Steps on Windows desktop/laptop
  • Install TuneBlade: http://tuneblade.com/ (free version is perfect for our purpose). This is a great and free alternative to Airfoil, which by the way is a paid program and i never got working properly.
  • TuneBlade needs the Bonjour service, so if you don't have it yet, it will ask you if it may install it. Click yes.
  • Start TuneBlade and click its icon in the tray bar. Now click Cood-E. It may have to search for a while. Just be sure the two devices are of course on the same local network.
  • Your Windows system audio (including music coming from Spotify) will be streamed to your Cood-E! Quality seems quite good actually, and by default the delay is about 2 seconds. Far from fast enough for gaming etc., but fine for just music!

Hope this helps some people! Any questions? Shoot! Also, please let me know if it works for you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:28:23 PM by tuk »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Re: Stream Windows audio (including Spotify!) to Cood-E!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
Nice Tuk!
Don't forget to smile everyday.